DISC Intranet Launched
The partnership comprises the two economies ‘Nightsafe’ and ‘Shopwatch’ and are pleased to announce that the organization has continued to grow from strength to strength and now offers its members a secure, MEMBERS ONLY intranet service called DISC.
The new system is ‘state of the art’ and allows our members to interact and work together improving the safety in our town’s premises. This allows pubs and shops in Whitehaven to access a wide range of information about individuals involved in low-level crime and anti-social behaviour in our area licenced premises & shops and to submit incident reports to our exclusion scheme. If criminals are caught offending in one shop or public house they are excluded from all member’s establishments.
Our 100 Members can now :
- Access online ‘Rogues Galleries’ of targeted offenders currently excluded from member’s premises or who we believe are active in local crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Submit incident reports on people who are already on the intranet, or who may be new to the database.
- Provide 'intelligence reports' which might be useful in monitoring excluded or targeted offenders.
- Put names to unidentified CCTV images.
- Identify offenders by uploading images and incident reports.
Businesses benefit from the use of radio communication to keep those in the loop about known individuals operating in the area. This helps to eliminate crime, which can cost businesses £tens-of-thousands in losses.
In the best interests of safety and crime reduction in your business and for more information in joining the Whitehaven BAC Partnership, please email: email@example.com
Our success in reducing business crime has led us to facilitate the expansion of online communication and networking. viz:
- BAC Whitehaven was awarded the Safer Business Award in November 2005 and received two joint awards at the Liverpool Business Crime Conference in February 2007 for 'PARTNERSHIP INNOVATION & MANAGING THE EVENING ECONOMY'.
- An AABC Award was received in 2008 for working with young people together with a Tilley Award using Whitehaven as a 'benchmark success' town in crime reduction measures.
- An 'Effective Partnership' Award was received from the Crime & Disorder Reduction Partnership (CDRP) in 2008.
- The 'Safer Business' Award was 'again' achieved in 2006, 2009, 2011 & 2014
The sharing of intelligence between those involved in the scheme will be easier and faster than ever before – at the click of a button- says BAC W - Business Crime Manager
It is the most comprehensive information sharing solution for crime-reduction partnerships throughout the UK saving time and managing risk immediately. The data base that the 99 members in Whitehaven (day & night-time) can use is quick and offers easy online reporting, intelligence sharing / gathering and is 100% compliant with UK and EU law - says BAC W - Business Crime Manager
BAC Whitehaven are committed to keeping Whitehaven safe for our members in both the day and night time economies. The members are a vital part of intelligence sharing – giving real-time help to other members whilst also complying with the partnerships Data Sharing Agreement in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 - says BAC W - Business Crime Manager